The information on this page relates to CUBA Studio 6.10 and below.
CUBA Studio 7.0 and up has acquired a different licensing policy:
- There is no limit for a number of entities;
- Premium add-ons for CUBA Platform v7+ are now open source. Addons for previous versions are still distributed under the old license;
- Visual development tools such as screen and data model designers are now included into commercial subscription, while functionality related to working with code is free. Commercial features of Studio 7 are available as a free trial until June 1, 2019. The trial is issued automatically after the first launch.
CUBA Studio is a specialized tool for rapid application development, that streamlines building applications upon CUBA Platform. With Studio, applications are up and running within minutes. It also accelerates modernizing legacy applications by scaffolding the data model and CRUD UI on top of an existing database.
Studio is designed to be used in parallel with a Java IDE, so developers do not have to abandon their beloved working environments.
CUBA Studio is available in free and commercial editions. The free version of CUBA Studio is a fully functional web development tool, but it limits the size of the application’s data model. It is ideal to bootstrap a project and explore platform features. Further development may be continued free of any charges purely in a Java IDE like IntelliJ IDEA Community edition or Eclipse. Alternatively, this limitation may be removed by purchasing a commercial license subscription, which also includes access to Premium Add-ons.
We recommend using the free IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition IDE for development.
|WYSIWYG screen layout design|
|Two-way integration with popular Java IDEs|
|Custom UI components integration|
|One click cloud deployment|
|Easy migration to new versions of CUBA Platform and Add-ons|
|A collection of sample projects with source code|
|Scaffolding and code generation|
|Project files and build scripts|
|Data model and database schema|
|Default CRUD screens with various layout options|
|Stubs for services, listeners, event handlers, etc|
|Screens and data model on top of an existing (legacy) database|
|Application data model size||Up to 10 entities||Unlimited|
|Premium Add-ons||-||All add-ons are included|
|Price||Free||$389 per year|
|Download Free Studio||Buy Commercial Subscription|
After the commercial subscription expires:
— you can continue using versions of Add-ons you downloaded during the subscription
— Studio reverts to free edition mode
Key features include:
- integration of Java IDE with CUBA Studio
- navigation between screen descriptor, controller and data model components
- advanced injections, including screen components, actions, services, data sources, CUBA infrastructure beans and services
- CUBA-specific code generation and refactoring
- hot deploy of individual source code files
- localized messages creation and selection in components
The description of all capabilities of the plugin is available here
*The Eclipse plugin is limited and supports only a subset of features of the IntelliJ IDEA plugin at the moment.