Maybe this question is generic, but because (for several reasons) our team does not come from a VCS background, I ask for advice on team working on a CUBA project + GIT.
This is the scenario.
- 2 Developers, each one with CUBA and GIT ready to fight.
- A Bitbucket project (right now with 1 repository). Right now, in this repository there is a starting (empty) CUBA project.
- Both has the project cloned in their computers.
- A lot of ideas and job to do.
- Both developers will work from the empty project from start.
What I don’t have clear is the exact workflow.
Should I branch “master” and merge in my local computer? Or push my branch to cloud and pull-request from my branch to master?
Have a branch for each developer is a good practice? Or I’m mixing things here?
When each developer should checkout again to get “others developers” changes from cloud?
I would appreciate help on this. We are not git users at all, and last time we tried to use it was a pain (but mainly because the development software we were using), then, we have no idea and practice at all on how to team-develop with git.